Thursday 7 July 2011

Feeling Hawkish?

Yesterday I was in the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I spotted something big and white on the fence through the window. I originally though "What the eff, is that the neighbours dog on the fence?" On closer inspection it turned out to be one of those feathered flying machines called a hawk.  It was pretty cool to have it so close and in the middle of the city.  I scrambled to get my camera only to find out that my battery was dead.  Through it in the charger while watching chicken 2.0 in the window.  After 30 seconds I grabbed the battery and threw it in my cam.  I wanted to make sure I got at least one pic.  Well I did, but I didn't have time to adjust the settings then the battery died.  Back in the charger for 30 seconds.  At this time a squirrel climbed up on the fence and walked right up to it on the fence.  I'm like "HOLY STUPID SQUIRREL!"  I thought it would be a blood-bath.  I grab the battery throw it in the camera, but at that time the squirrel had run away a bit and the hawk let him.  Still grabbed a pick of the 2.  Then went through another round of 30 second charging and pic taking.  All in all it stuck around for a bit.  It spotted me through the window along the way and did the side head Jurassic Park one eyed glare. 

2 comments:

  1. "the side head Jurassic Park one eyed glare."

    You always give me the same look when I try to see what songs you have ready to play on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha. Oh you got me there. ha

    ReplyDelete